>Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. – Hebrews 12:1, NLT
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. – 2 Timothy 4:7, NLT
Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays are continuing at New Nostalgia and I must admit, it’s been hard for me to see AP Tuesdays come and go without my major projects getting complete. I have to confess that I have been fighting anxiousness, as you could probably tell from my previous 2 posts.
I’m glad that our Father is still working on me and that, in due time, things will be finished. Both around the house and in my heart.
How is it that I’m 32 years old, but am still as impatient as I was at age 5?
I’m happy to tell you that a few items off my Doozey List have actually been completed! They are:
- Chore Chart for my Oldest Daughter (Thank you, Handipoints, for giving us an interactive chore chart and a reward system she enjoys! And it’s F-R-E-E!)
- Sending cards to friends and family
- Attend a women’s Bible study group
- Schedule appointments for my youngest daughter for her specialists @ Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Paint Formal Living Room/Dining Room (MANY thanks to my Hubby!!!)
- Make homemade strawberry jam
When I stop and really think about it, things ARE getting done. Little things (except the painting, that’s a big one!). But the little things add up and it will start coming together the way I want it to. I know that. I have to keep telling myself that.
And I’m working on enjoying the moments. Like picking strawberries with my daughters and making homemade strawberry jam. It was SO much fun!
At some point, I’ll be able to post my before and after photos on AP Tuesdays. I’ll be able to show off the fruits of all the waiting and all the labor.
But for now, I’ll settle for the little things. And I’ll be enjoying them, one baby step at a time.