>Some things are on the horizon, but I can’t talk about them yet. Mostly, a lot of maybe’s and hope so’s. Lots of prayers have been said and now there’s nothing we can do but wait. In the meantime, I’ve been thinking of things I’d like or things I’d like to do, or changes that I’d like to make around our home. It feels like things have been On Hold for such a long time, especially with this house, that I’m ready and raring to go to make some long- and much-needed changes.
These are some of the things I’ve been thinking about…
Things I’d Like to Have for our Home
1. Deep Freezer. In addition to having zero storage space in our teeny weeny kitchen, we don’t have a lot of freezer space, either. I’d like to buy meat in bulk, but currently have no where to put it.
2. A vegetable garden (am hoping/planning for next year). I think there’s nothing like fresh veggies.
3. A pressure washer. Hubby borrowed his dad’s and it’s a little addictive. You start finding all the things that need a good scrub.
4. A large capacity washer and dryer. I have 2 kids. Need I say more?
Things I’d Like to Do/Finish/Learn How to Do
1. Finish the Garage and start/finish the house (which will be done as soon as I can afford to bring the organizer back).
2. Can veggies. This is something my mom and grandmother are doing in earnest this summer and I’d love to know how to do this.
3. Take a photography class. I’ve wanted to do this since high school, but my schedule never allowed it. Then, the class at my college was always full. I’d have to call now to try to get in for the spring semester.
4. Clean out toys. Hannah has duplicates of many toys and I’m planning this for mid-September, when my parents can take her. It’s an impossible chore to do with her around, as she retrieves things from the toss/donate pile.
Projects that need finished or started and finished around our home
1. The Bathroom. It started almost 2 months ago, and still needs to be finished. I’m tired of plastic sheets surrounding the tub. I want a pretty bathroom, and I’ve never had one in the 8 years we’ve been married.
2. Carpet. The house desperately needs new carpet throughout. It’s about 20 years old, light in color (not good with kids), and is just plain old.
3. Paint. Inside and out, our house needs to be painted. I think I know the perfect color for inside, thanks to our neighbor’s recommendation. I already know what I want to use for outside. I doubt that the outside will be painted before winter. I’d love to have the house painted before the fall/winter, but I’m not sure if that can be done yet. We’ll see.
4. Landscaping. We have an overgrown tree that needs to be cut back, pronto. (Estimates to have it cut back are around $1000. Anyone know someone who will do it for cheaper than that?) There are bushes and shrubs that need a good hair cut, too.
Things I’d like to do just for me
1. Join Weight Watchers. I’m tired of the intertube around my midsection. I’m tired of not being able to wear any of my clothes and I’ve held off buying bigger sizes because I don’t want to get comfortable at this weight. It’s not just the number on the scale, it’s how I feel, overall. And my cholesterol.
2. Join a yoga and a pilates class. Again, I hate to pay money for (weight loss/exercise/house organization), but it’s a challenge to try to exercise with a video with the kiddos around. The little one’s nap schedule is erratic (I think she’s trying to change from 2 naps a day to 1). I need the accountability.
3. Take a weekend vacation. Sounds crazy, I know, but I’d really like to get away from it all, all by myself. Yes, I’d like to go away with my husband, too, but I’m really feeling the need for some alone time. But I’d love to go to Lewisburg and stay in a bed & breakfast, and just chill out for a couple of days.
Anyone else out there been thinking, hoping and dreaming of anything in particular?